Monday, April 30, 2012

Come on summer...

Anyone reading this with kids in "real" school is probably just going to shake their head, but at this point in my life, it's how I feel. :) 

I am so ready for summer!  I'm ready to be able to play with our friends any day of the week without worrying about schedules.  I am ready for school to be done (yes, they only go 2 days a week), but I'm ready to not have to wake up, get everyone ready, rush out the door, wake Amelia up from her nap to go pick them up, etc.  I am also ready for dance lessons to be over for the summer.  I don't mind taking the girls to dance, but they changed our class to 4:30-5:30pm.  As a stay-at-home mom with no kids in school, I would prefer to do dance lessons in the morning.  I don't want to be rushing home from dance, trying to get dinner on the table, etc.  I realize I'll have to do this next year when Ava is in kindergarten, but I'm trying to enjoy my time of no kids in school for as long as possible!  

We had Ava's Kindergarten Round-up last week.  It was really fun, and Ava is excited about school.  I, however, am not looking forward to being tied down to school schedules for the next 17 years!!  I know this is a new season of life and I will adjust.  But, after staying home with Ava for over 5 years now, I can't imagine sending her off to school every day.  I am so glad we live right next to the elementary school because we're late for her preschool just about every time, and she doesn't have to be there until 9am. :)  I'm glad I don't have to get the other two up, in the car, and drive through the carpool line.  I can stand in my cul-de-sac and watch Ava walk into the elementary school.  This is one of the main reasons I wanted this house.  After living here for 4 years, I will finally be able to enjoy that perk!  

Basically, I'm ready for days at the pool, swim lessons, laying in bed with the kids watching cartoons in the mornings, and just enjoying our time before we officially have a school-age child.  

1 comment:

  1. love the blog - and most importantly, the name ;)

    you have a beautiful fam!

    ReplyDelete



Swagger Wagon Chronicles


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved